According to WHO (World Health Organization), health is a state of total physical, social and mental well-being. It does not only mean absence of sickness or disease. America’s Health Rankings is the best possible annual examination of the health of America. The assessment is carried on from state to state.
America’s Health Rankings provides an annual report about the overall health of the country. The secure health data is efficiently stored by America’s Health Rankings. The assessment is dependent on the four specific health determinants. The determinants are as follows:
- Behavior: The behavior of people has a direct effect on their health. Many habits of people affect their health directly.
- Environment: The ambiance and surrounding of a person affects a person’s health in a huge way. A clean and hygienic ambiance will naturally contribute to good health.
- Decisions made by public: Decisions made by the public is another important determinant that shapes up health of people.
- Practices of the government: Lastly the practices and policies of government play a major role in affecting the health of people.
The main objective of America’s Health Rankings is to provoke individuals, health care providers and researchers to take suitable action. There are four considerations of America’s Health Rankings.
- The rankings must represent important issues that affect people’s health in a country.
- Individuals of a country should take suitable measures to preserve their health.
- The health data should be secure and must be available on a state level.
- The health data should be updated periodically.
In this era of digitization, it is very necessary to maintain the security of a country’s health data. Through HIE (Health Information Exchange), all the health care providers can securely share a patient’s medical information in an electronic format. This process is highly secure and the secure health data are well preserved by this process. There are 3 types of HIE.
- Directed Exchange: In this process, information can be sent and received by the health care providers.
- Query-based Exchange: In this process, a healthcare provider can request and find information about a patient from another health care provider.
- Consumer-Mediated Exchange: In this process, patients have the control to share their health information with another health care provider.
Centers for Disease Control and Protection try their level best to store secure health data of America and ensure that the security of health data is maintained. The life expectancy, death rate, causes of death, disabilities and other health data of Americans are stored in a secure manner by them.