Job Title: ETL / Database Developer
Reports to: Joseph Paciulli
Department/Division: Database Warehouse and Business Intelligence Team
Database and ETL Developer with experience Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Microsoft SQL Server – 2 to 4 years of experience in all aspects of database and ETL Development – Should have excellent communications skills – BI Skills a plus.
- Code, test install, and troubleshoot database queries and stored procedures using appropriate tools
- Develop data marts, data warehouses and Cubes based on database design best practices
- Develop complex ETL processes for multi-terabyte data warehouses
- Participate in the development of databases based on an understanding of business and customer requirements
- Work with the systems analysts to plan and implement test plans and quality control procedures throughout development lifecycle and analyze results for resolving issues
- Support the development and ongoing management of our MDM System
- Prepare documentation & flow charts of systems, business processes and databases
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in database developing using SQL Server 2008/2012
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server relational database design, T-SQL required, adept at creating stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, table functions
- Very strong in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL
- Reporting Services (SSRS) for report generation
- Strong in performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies
- Experience with Dimension Data Modeling, and well versed with SQL Server best practices
- Hands-on SQL-XML programming skills
- XML Parsing, Extraction and Transformation
- Knowledge 3rd party Business Intelligence tools (QlikView, Microsoft BI Suite)
- Experience using Microsoft Master Data Services and Data Quality Services
- Proficient in working with Team Foundation Server
A minimum of a bachelor of science in Computer Science, CIS/MIS or equivalent degree from an accredited four year institution.
- Experience working with pharmaceutical claims data
- Experience managing data in accordance with HIPAA compliance regulations.
- Development skills in Microsoft SQL Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Web development JSON expertise a Plus
Please Contact Us if you are interested in this position.